In case you were expecting an acceptance speech, you can breathe easy. This is not that kind of award. The Versatile Blogger Awards, currently making the rounds of the blogosphere, are a way for bloggers to share their favourite sites with their readers, and hopefully get a few more eyeballs on their own work. A bit of innocent name-dropping, if you will. So, without further ado, on to the Awards.
Well, maybe just a little “ado”. There are rules to be followed. [And blogs. Like mine. Just click on the “follow” link. Super easy!] As far as the Versatile Blogger Awards go, they’re pretty simple:
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
So, first things first, thank you to the lovely ScottishLass over at Pointless Cafe for nominating me. Holla back! If you love nail polish as much as I do, you have to check out her blog. She has amazing nails (and kick-ass manicure skills), but we won’t hold that against her.
Next, 7 things you never knew you wanted to know about me. Hmmmm!
1. English is not my first language. I didn’t start speaking it until I was 12. On a related note, I am neither Irish nor Scottish, red hair notwithstanding. No one in my immediate family shares my “affliction”, although I have it on reliable authority that a great-great grandmother on my mother’s side may have been a redhead. Not sure about the milkman.
2. I am an only child. I’m not certain about this, but I like to believe that this was a deliberate choice on my parents’ part. Why mess with perfection? Hah!
3. I’m a nerd, but not a cool science-y one. I’m a book nerd. I am constantly afraid that my species is on the brink of extinction, and e-readers are a sign of the Apocalypse.
4. My dream job would be as literary detective, a la Thursday Next. Failing that, I would love to be a National Geographic photographer.
5. I am a French and English history buff, especially when it comes to the juicy bits. As much as I love Lainey, I love historical gossip more.
6. I’m afraid of open bodies of water, including some of the larger rain puddles. One summer at the beach, back when I was a toddler, my grandmother decided to nip my fascination for water in the bud by telling me that the sea was shark-infested. She has always been a most effective story-teller; I believed in Santa Claus until I was almost 10. I continue to fear for my limbs whenever I step into swimming pools.
7. My favourite museum in the world is the Victoria & Albert Museum in London. I could happily spend an entire week in there, and never come out for air. A close second is the Rodin museum in Paris.
Alright, time to pass on the Award!! Here goes:
I am Style-Ish
[Yeah, yeah, I can count too. I don’t have 15 links up there, but as a more-than-slightly frazzled new mom, I spend most of my internet surfing time over at The Baby Center, googling baby poop colours and other things you don’t want to hear about. Trust me.]