What I Wore: Shopping

blue gingham shirt, J. Crew Boutonniere grey jacket
Shirt & belt, J. Crew Factory; blazer, J. Crew (via consignment); shoes, Old Navy; bag, MbMJ (via eBay)

I was having one of those No Good, Very Bad Days when I wore this, and at least my outfit turned out better than expected. I get zero credit, because I cheated. Well, sort of. See, I keep a running list of tentative outfits on my handy dandy iPad, and whenever I have a flare-up of holy-crap-I-have-nothing-to-wear-itis – bam, crisis resolved. The downside is that some outfits end up looking less flattering than anticipated, and I usually don’t have the time to change. Just between you and me (and the world wide web, of course), that explains 67% of the outfits on this blog. The other 33% … I don’t really have an explanation.

Back to this outfit. I disguised my un-ironed shirt (sorry, so tired, so sloppy) by tucking it in, and throwing a blazer on top. Did it work? Or are you still tsk-tsk-ing over there? A cute bag always serves to distract, when all else fails. On this we agree, yes?

1 Comment on Grey + Gingham

  1. The blazer is cute! I think you’re smart in having an outfit list. There are times when an outfit in my head doesn’t work out in real life. I also have a couple sort of “fallback” outfits when I can’t think of anything else to wear. I feel like I’m not challenging myself, fashion-wise, when I wear them, but they are good outfits that I know I look good in and are basics, so it works.